Wednesday 10 October 2012

Cafe Sydney

Dinner at Cafe Sydney?  Yes please.  What excuse can we use?  How about Tom finishing his Masters? That'll do.

I bought him these cute Salt and Pepper double-walled latte glasses after he finished his final exam and he loves them!  And I enjoy drinking lattes out of them.

Today I wore a Sheike dress, faux snakeskin belt stolen from my sister, Christian Louboutin Biancas, green stone necklace from my best friend and standard T&Co jewelry.



I lasted a grand total of 10 minutes in the Louboutins at work before I switched them for my much more reasonable Prada pumps.  Platforms + work = no.
Prada pumps and Louboutin pumps
I was pretty pumped for dinner.  I haven't been to Cafe Sydney in a few years and the last time I came we sat indoors on a rainy night so didn't see much of these stunning views (apologies in advance for the crappy phone pics... someone forgot to bring the camera).



Customs House

Level 5 please




Entree: Seared scallops, pickled carrot, quinoa, red vein sorrel, crispy pancetta
Side: garlic naan

My main: Cone Bay barramundi, sweet corn, spanner crab and prawn tortellini, thyme butter

Tom's main: Crispy pressed Berkshire pork, pork loin, morcilla sausage, butternut pumpkin, jus



Dessert platter: Double chocolate slice, candied orange, orange sorbet, cream fraiche
Warm pear tart, raspberry, honey cream, raspberry ice cream
Mascarpone mousse, Baileys Cream donuts, candied pecan, espresso ice cream

I love the foyer of Customs House


We went for a walk after dinner....



I may have injured my Louboutins on their first outing and I may be devastated.  I'm too sad to talk about it now.

3 comments:

  1. Those shoes are gorgeous. I nearly bought them for my wedding but didn't in the end. Cry.

    Wow that dessert platter looks amazing. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What shoes did you end up wearing Indi?

      I don't have a sweet tooth but the dessert platter WAS amazing. Coffee ice cream nomnomnom

      Delete
  2. I am really disappointed with my shoes choice. I ended up wearing a pair of purple (wanted purple) Karen Millen shoes. I do wish I had got a pair of designer shoes now but oh well!

    Welcome to the blogging world!

    Please get rid of your bot for comments, so painful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)