Sunday 21 October 2012

Crows Nest Festival 2012

The sun didn't come out today like I had hoped so I ditched the beach and went to the annual Crows Nest Festival instead.  Street parking and carparks were free all day to encourage patrons.  It actually spans a decent distance, running from the top of Willoughby Rd (at the huge intersection with Falcon St and Pacific Hwy) all the way down to Chandos St.


It was actually a lot more family-centric than I was expecting.  The animal pen unleashed my inner child and I wanted to jump right in there with the little kiddies:




There were also a few jumping castles and that thing where you wear a jumpsuit covered in velcro and try to stick yourself to the wall (no idea what it's called).

 ^ Free Haribo gummies

There was live music in 2 locations, a few clowns walking around, an endless number of food and shopping stalls and some promotional stands for Fitness First, St George, etc.  It was no different to any other street festival (I mean they're kinda all the same, right?).  It was super humid and the sheer number of people  made it really uncomfortable for me.  I ended up getting a slurpee for 'lunch'.


Xenos Cafe (one of my fave cafes in Crows Nest) had an outdoor beer garden-type setup just to the right of the pic below (blue balloons).  We contemplated stopping and having a drink but it was so humid and stifling we were pretty keen to get back in the car and come home.

Random helicopter
It was a good thing to do if you haven't got anything else planned.  I wouldn't cancel other plans to attend unless you have young kids and want to entertain them for a day.

To the festival, I wore:

Cheapie singlet from SES, Forever New pale blue skirt with gold flecks, Nine West gold flats, Marc by Marc Jacobs bag, Mimco bow cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)