Tuesday 16 October 2012

The start of a VERY dangerous addiction (with red soles)...

Ok.
I'll admit it.
I'm addicted.
That red sole.
That skinny stiletto heel.
I can't help myself.

My Louboutin journey started when I was 21 and I bought a pair of black crepe Yoyos with crystal heel off eBay.  They were deliciously pretty but when I got them I couldn't shove my fat feet in them.  My family say I have 'yenjai' feet (yenjai: native person of Papua New Guinea, where I lived for half my life) and they definitely are wide (22cm long x 9cm wide).  I had to get rid of these beautiful shoes.  It was a sad day.

3 years later I thought I'd try again.  By now, the Sydney CL boutique had opened up so I went in there to try a few styles on.  I tried the Pigalle Plato 120 and I foolishly thought it would be the same fit as the Pigalle 120s.  BOY WAS I WRONG.  To date, the Pigalle 120s have been the most painful shoe experience of my life.  I got them off net-a-porter and sized 1/2 size down from my true to size (TTS) and it was still gaping at the back, yet my fat feet were spilling out the sides:


This was my second setback.  After that, I gave up for a few years, deciding that Louboutins were just too narrow for my obese feet.

..... Until I spotted these blue and yellow Architeks on eBay which I had seen on celebrities when they first came out and fell in love with.  I thought I'd give Christian a third and final go.


You know what they say about 3rd time being a charm.


After my faith had been restored in Mr Louboutin I decided to be smarter about my future purchases and actually started using this amazing thing called the internet to do proper research.  I rediscovered the purse forum where I had signed up 5 years ago but never visited, and tPf has helped me SO much.

Anyway, I plan to blog about my Louboutins to help other flat-footed, muffin-top-footed "yenjai feet" ladies out there.

9 comments:

  1. The pigalle's a next on my list! Although i think i might go for the 100's to be more work appropriate... My first pair were the vp's. I love them so much except they've stretched like no one's business and are too hard to walk in now... Is there such a thing as shoe shrinking??

    I've got very narrow thin feet so seem to have the opposite problem to you... x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have perfect feet for Loubs - I'm so jealous!

    I just bought the Love Me 100s in black patent with the black bow. I'm hoping I can get away with them at work. The Pigalles are such a fantastic classic heel - defs worth the investment.

    I pad the hell out of shoes that are too big. Whole hog - party feet, heel cushions, heel grips :) If they're still too big they go on ebay :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blue and yellow ones are gorgeous!
    That is a rather expensive obsession haha but enjoy. I will live vicariously though you, I don't buy expensive shoes as I ruin them with stomping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha stomping. I try not to stomp in Louboutins. It is a very expensive habit but is really useful for alienating your boyfriend.

      Delete
  4. Stop it.. now i'm starting to obsess too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very unhealthy. Remember you have kids to feed! :P

      Delete
    2. Feeding them is fine, the childcare fees are 2.5pairs each month. URGH.

      Delete
  5. Oh oh ooooooooh! They are LOVELY! I love the mix of both colours tooo!!!

    I dont like my toes though. I wish there was plastic surgery on toes. Lol

    - KK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want plastic surgery on my feet too - just chop off my fifth toe so my feet aren't as wide and I can fit shoes normally!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)