Wednesday 31 October 2012

What are you doing for NYE? I'm going to Opera Bar!!!

Yep, I haven't even thought about Christmas yet, but I already have plans for NYE.  This year I am spending it in the picture below:



... at Opera Bar overlooking the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge.  Yes it cost me quite a lot of money and yes I will probably never get over that.  But Tom's band is playing there from 11pm til midnight and I obviously want to spend NYE with my significant other.


The night is being plugged as a "beach party" - what exactly does one wear to a beach party slash nye party that has no sand and no body of water you can jump into without risking catching a few diseases? And do you have plans for NYE or is it only crazy incessant planners like me who have already bought tickets to an event?

8 comments:

  1. We have been invited to a pool party - which means I need to go shopping for a moo-moo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh let me know what you end up getting - I'm in the market for one too!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure it will be amazing! I looked into the tix and they were very expensive, but its once in a lifetime right :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defs once in a lifetime! I just hope his band isn't booked for another similar gig next NYE :S I want to be a supportive girlfriend but man!

      Delete
  3. We went to the you only live once party at the opera house last year, tickets were ridiculously expensive
    (read $800) thank god we knew someone who knew someone and we got them for a steal... But having the experience that we did it would have been worth every penny of the $800... Brushing shoulders with Christine Centenera is priceless really and mr f got to talk to some wallabies players which completely made his night.

    You will have the most amazing time! The view from there is absolutely unbeatable...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks for the reassurance C! I'm sure I will have a great time, it's just wrapping my head around the $$$

      Delete
  4. I'm gonna be at home.. sitting on my couch.
    The same place I was the last few years. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)