Monday 1 April 2013

Easter Long Weekend

Firstly I want to thank you all for your kind words regarding my last post, it meant a lot to me.  I'm so excited about starting work tomorrow, have a very good feeling about the company and to be honest it will be good to wake up and leave the house every day.  I did enjoy unemployment for the first month or so but I have so many pretty clothes and shoes in my wardrobe that they were going to waste not being worn.

Asos dress, YSL Arty ring, Venetian glass pendant from Venice, Christian Louboutin Greissimos, bracelets from eQuip

It's been almost a week since my last post so I have a LOT of catching up to do.  On Thursday night we went out to New Orleans Cafe now they've reopened.  The food was ok, nothing terribly exciting (although I did manage to get a pint of cider for < $10).


 Friday we went to Tom's parents for lunch.  What is normally a 5 minute drive up the Pacific Hwy became a 20-minute exercise.  At least we got choccies and a yummy lunch on arrival.


After lunch we went to my extended family for dinner.  We had fried fish and prawns, calamari, sweet potato and eggplant and salad.  I was SO FULL I literally couldn't eat any dessert :(

On Saturday we went to the opening round of AFL between Sydney Swans and GWS Giants.  Olympic Park was ridiculously busy with the Easter Show and AFL game going on simultaneously.  Yay for an easy Swans win!



At some point over the long weekend I made hot cross buns.  Lots of work and they weren't even as good as Coles' hot cross buns.  Will be sticking to buying them next year.  Oh I had a Bakers Delight Mocha Hot Cross Bun - delish.



On Sunday I decided to start my final assignment.  I thought I was going to have 2 weeks full-time to do this assignment but since I start work tomorrow, I'll only have 2 weekends to complete it.  Full steam ahead!  I got distracted by chocolates halfway through, and then distracted by my bed a coupla hours later.  Still managed to do 1/4 of the assignment which I was happy with.


Today I went to the Easter Show and saw all the cute animals!







Look at this cutie!  Beyond adorable!
Tonight Tom and I went out for dinner because I just couldn't be bothered booking.  We had Thai from his favourite place - I had duck noodle soup and he had beef stir fry.


...and now I am sitting here writing this up, getting stuff ready for work tomorrow!  Can't wait!

7 comments:

  1. What a busy weekend! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow

    You are organised. I have one due tomorrow that I only started today. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit! :) And I IS BACK!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your first day went well! Loving your work outfit!

    I am SO unmotivated when it comes to assignments....I should probably get off blogger HAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new job! Cant wait to read about your first day!
    YSL Ring.. Love!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Easter pics. They take me on a nostalgic journey of when we used to live in Sydney including the traffic on the Pacific Hwy. Your work outfit is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make Hot Cross Buns every year and yes they take forever to rise etc but a good recipe makes it well worth it. Next time use a deeper dish (like what you would roast chicken in) and have them all packed in next to each other. Makes them stay all doughy and soft!

    P.s. First time I've visited your blog and I love it!

    x Sharday

    SHARDETTE BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)