There are so many things that I'm grateful for at the moment:
- I never thought I would say this but I'm loving getting up at 7.30am and having somewhere to go
- SO happy to be buying a daily coffee from my favourite cafe again
- Hooray for only 30-minute train trips!!! Take that ex-job! :P
- I have a beautiful 25-minute walk from the train station to my office which is great for me because that's my daily exercise. All up I walk at least 5.4km every day; I'm a bit sore at the moment but feeling good
- I get to wear my clothes and shoes again!
- I've been thrown into the deep end at work which is really challenging because the company works in an industry I've never worked in before. I work in IT but in the finance industry (retail banking and funds management in investment banking) so I have a sound understanding of both, but my company works in law, tax and accounting so all of it is brand new information to me. Even though I'm struggling at the moment, I wouldn't have it any other way. My last few jobs have been less than challenging for me so to be using my brain again feels great!
- My boss told me yesterday that I'm flying to New Zealand next month to meet the team there as I'll be managing projects and resources there - exciting!!
- One of my sisters works in the same area as me which means more sister hang-out time!
- Moving away from work for a second but everything is really good with Tom and with my family
- I've started to book accommodation and tours for my South America trip in September - ridiculously excited :D
The only downside at the moment is that I'm supposed to be writing my final assignment which is difficult when my brain is already full with law, tax and accounting information without adding financial risk management to it. (I got a High Distinction in my exam so I really want to do well with my assignment). It's by no means unmanageable though, it will just be a hectic fortnight. And I always prefer being crazy busy to doing nothing.
|My beautiful walk to work|
|Don't cook laksa when you're wearing white|