Monday 22 July 2013

Never looked forward to a holiday as much as South America

....because there's just so much going on here at the moment that I'm welcoming a month long break.  I had a really busy week at work last week.  You know those weeks where you eat lunch at your desk every day and you're mentally drained when you leave the office?   Then this week I've got something on every night apart from Friday night and this weekend is going to be full-on (story of my life).

Anyway as promised, I'm sharing with you my South America itinerary.  I like to call myself well-prepared, others call it mild OCD.  Whatever you want to call it, here is my itinerary spreadsheet.  I do one of these for every overseas trip I take.  It actually de-stresses me to have all this planned and locked in before I leave the country (I am not one for "lets just work out where we are going to sleep once we arrive in the country".  No sirree.  I would rather NOT leave the country).


In the first column I have weeks, second column I have dates, third column I've got average min and max temperatures which helps me when I'm packing.  The rest of it should be self-explanatory.  I've also got a spreadsheet for financials to keep a tally of how much everything is costing and also a checklist to make sure I've got all bases covered (visas, cash and vaccinations).

Things I am most looking forward to:

  • Lake Titicaca - last minute inclusion on the advice of a friend who has been.  We're catching an overnight luxury bus (for a whole $29) which has wide leather seats that recline to almost horizontal, a free meal, and an air (land?) hostess on board
  • Machu Picchu - thankfully catching a train up there but will hike a little bit when we get up there
  • Iguazu Falls - from both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides are apparently much more amazing than Niagara Falls which I thought was a huuuuge let-down
  • Ipanema and Copacabana beaches - nuff said
Only 51 days left people!!

Oh and Happy Birthday to my amazing boyfriend!!!!  Can't wait for dinner tonight.  Love you loads xx

8 comments:

  1. ahhhhh totes awesome spreadsheet! I'd never thought to include temperatures too... gonna have to incorporate that into my own travel sheets. LOL... oh and the trip looks pretty amazing too. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the temperatures really handy actually! Mainly because I'm neurotic about being adequately dressed and cannot tolerate the cold hehe. I am soooooo excited :)

      Delete
  2. I'm the same like you, I'd rather not go anywhere if I don't know where I am going to sleep in the next couple of days. So exciting that you are going away soon! jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Some people can 'wing it'. I sadly, am not one of those people. The stress would be overwhelming.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you're freaking me out with how organised you are!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely gone past 'organised'.... I'm into OCD territory now!!

      Delete
  4. So organised!!! Can you plan my trip for next year? haha!
    Love this cannot wait to hear about the plans x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I always said if money were no issue, I would be a travel agent for sure!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)