Monday 4 November 2013

Cuzco, Peru

First things first.  Peruvian babies are ADORABLE.  I want to adopt one.  Look!


Ok now that I've gotten that out of my system....

Cuzco (also spelt Cusco) is an amazing city.  The main square (Plaza de Armas) is spectacular - old cathedrals, stone archways, cobblestone pavements, tiny balconies.





We bumped into this adorable old lady who was more than happy to pose with us (for a few Soles in her pocket).  How cute is the fluffy little lamb!!!!!!!!!


The currency is the Peruvian Nuevo Sole and we exchanged for around 2.7 : AUD1 quite easily around the Plaza - just look for a sign for Cambio/Money Exchange.

The actual Plaza de Armas itself would only take a day to navigate as it's not too big but I highly recommend taking a day trip out of Cuzco..... rural Peru is my next post!

2 comments:

  1. I really, really hope you came home with a baby and a lamb in your luggage :) Great travel photos, so jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)