Monday 15 September 2014

New Kid on the Block

Today I was the new kid on the block and started a new role in a different team.  I've come to realise and accept that I am just not the type of person that can do the same job day in day out for years on end.  For a long time I struggled with the expectation that job hopping is frowned upon and that stability and longevity are desirable traits when it comes to work experience.

As awful as it might sound, whilst I love learning about new things I also get bored quite quickly.  Once I feel like I have mastered something I lose interest very quickly and want to move onto the next thing.

An opportunity popped up in HR for a similar role to what I was doing so I jumped at the opportunity.  I had worked with the Hiring Manager before so I didn't even have to interview for the role!  So today began my new adventure into HR systems, and it started in a red Asos skirt from a few years ago.


It was sad to say goodbye to my old role but I felt I had gotten everything I could out of it.  One of my stakeholders on my last day sent me this lovely email:


It really made my day.  It made me feel like the midnight conference calls and all the weekends and public holidays spent in the office were worth it.

Here's to a good 9 months work-wise!

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck in your new role!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bit like this too and wish a role would open up at work that I could move to! Good luck in your new role - I love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I say this role popped up but you have to go looking for it a little. Good luck!
      Thanks, absolutely love this skirt.

      Delete
  3. Good luck in your new role! I work in HR operations/systems and really enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I had no idea! Glad to hear you enjoy it :)

      I've enjoyed it so far (7 days in....)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)