Monday 1 September 2014

Spring has sprung!

What a glorious start to Spring Sydneysiders have today!  I walked to work with a certain skip in my step, excited about the impending warm weather and hopefully sunny days.


My weekend started with drinks and tunes - a work colleague's farewell drinks which saw me order a cocktail that came with a side of whizz fizz (seriously just whizz fizz).


Then dinner and more drinks with family and friends before Tom's gig.  Tom's band performed at The Metro, selling the venue out (1,100 tickets!) on their first ever headline show, which is kinda cool.  They're already planning their next show!


Saturday was cold, wet and dreary all day.  I demanded Vietnamese beef pho for dinner which always makes me feel better despite the bleak outlook outside.


My friend S took me to Lady Gaga at Allphones Arena.  Admittedly I loved Lady Gaga when she first came out 6 years ago (I even went to see her perform at Oxford Art Factory for a measly $22) but in recent years I've felt like she's been controversial for the sake of being controversial, and I've not liked her music as much as I used to.

I have to say though, she is an amazing talent.  She hit all her notes, she's a good dancer, and spent a bit of time at the piano singing ballads.  Her fans monsters are a bit outrageous and made me feel so old and prudish.  One guy was wearing 15 inch platforms.  He literally could not take any steps.  Another guy wore HALF a pair of black leather underpants - his right exposed butt cheek was dangerously close to my face.  There were people dressed in fairy lights, women in fishnet stockings, pointed bras (a la Madonna) and panties - thankfully no one in a meat dress though!

Yesterday I spent much of the day on the couch in front of the telly watching reruns of Friends and Food Safari.  Great weekend, all in all.

How did you spend your last few days of winter?

9 comments:

  1. Wow, how exciting about Tom's gig. Well done to him!

    I spent it lazing around the house. I love a good lazy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to your fiance & his gig selling out ! You must be so proud :)
    It's so depressing to me to say i've never tried pho !! I want to so desperately, where is the best place to get it ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren you must try beef pho! Apparently the best beef pho is in the south/west of Sydney but I've never been out that way. There's a place called Banh Mi in Pyrmont on Harris St, the one pictured above is Lotus something at 2 Dawn Fraser Ave, Sydney Olympic Park. You might be able to try it at certain vietnamese/chinese/malaysian restaurants?

      Kx.

      Delete
  3. Congrats to your fiance on a sell out gig!

    Isn't it a shame the weather's gone to pot again today :-(

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather just can't make up its mind. Sunny and warm to cold and wet. Repeat cycle 5 times a day!

      Delete
  4. Your photo of the city looks amazing! It's hard to be in a bad mood when the weather is so lovely. Pity about the rest of the week but at least you had a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely hard to be in a bad mood when the weather starts clearing up and spring kicks in!

      Delete
  5. That is so awesome about Tom's band!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment :)